Get in the game with Play+
Experience how easy it is to fund your sports account AND get instant access to your winnings!*
Play+ is the smartest way to play and pay cashless! Load your Play+ account with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or a checking account to fund your football fun all season long and score instant access to your winnings to spend or play again. Use your Play+ card for purchases at stores, restaurants and online, wherever Discover card is accepted. You can even use it at the ATM. And since it’s secure and FDIC-insured, you can use Play+ with peace of mind.
4 Ways to Fund Your Sports Betting App
When it comes to betting money online, you have your choice of methods to fund your sportsbook account. From credit or debit card to PayPal to ACH, they’re all doable, but only Play+ gives you the most convenient funding method, along with all the benefits of a mobile wallet.
Take a close look at the four main ways to bet money online, and see which one is best for you.
- Yes, you can use PayPal to bet online. It’s a popular and trusted way to make deposits into sportsbook apps. The downside is the cash-out wait period can take a few days, so you have to wait to spend your winnings.
- If you want to transfer funds directly from your checking account into your sportsbook account (and you like extra paperwork) you’ll have to use ACH (Automated Clearing House). With ACH deposits, there are minimums and maximums, and it may take up to two business days to post to your account.
- Credit cards and debit cards are trusted and usually reliable, except when it comes to online gambling sites. Sometimes card-issuing banks will decline gambling transactions, and if yours does go through, your bank may consider it cash advance and charge you a fee.
- Play+ is the most convenient funding option because it was made for sports and casino gaming. It is also the only funding that accepts all of the other methods we just listed. That’s right, you can provision your Play+ account via PayPal, ACH, credit card, debit card, Vanilla Direct prepaid card and others. Once that is done, you will have instant access to your funds, without the delays associated with those other methods. Play+ works as a mobile wallet that you fund with your debit/credit card or bank account, and your winnings are ready almost instantly, to spend or bet again. Play+ also comes with a prepaid debit card to use at stores, restaurants and ATMs. You can also add Play+ to your favorite contactless payment app, like Apple Wallet, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
The Fastest Ways to Cash Out Your Winnings
Your football team just beat the spread, now what? Depending on how you choose to withdraw your sports bet winnings — from Play+ to PayPal to paper check — your bet payout times can range from ASAP to “any day now.” Here, we run down the timelines of the most popular bet payout methods.
- Instant Access*: When you fund your sports bets with Play+, you receive access to your winnings in a snap. No effort. No fees.
- 24-48 Hours: Bettors who fund with PayPal and Venmo can expect to wait one to two days for the process to complete.
- 3-5 Business Days: If you are using your online bank account for transfers, the sportsbook may have an approval period before it gets to the bank – for an additional several-day deposit process.
- 7-14 Business Days: Getting a check in the mail takes the longest to process and receive, and this method may also require a higher minimum as well as a larger fee.
Football Sports Betting 101: From Terms to Techniques
You’re a passionate football fan, which means you know the Eagles from the Jets and the Ravens from the Raiders. But do you know a “dime” from a “nickel” and the difference between “props” and “parlays”? Get to know the hot betting terms with this helpful glossary of the most common sports betting terminology and techniques. And when you’re comfortable that you know how sports betting works, you’ll enjoy the game — and the gaming — even more.
Dime: A dime is gambling lingo for $1,000.
Even money: The odds are considered 50-50. When you wager $10, you win $10.
Favorite: The expected winner in a game.
Futures: Betting on a team’s season-long success. Futures are offered in advance of any season and get adjusted as the games unfold.
Hedging: When you hedge a bet, you bet the opposing side of our original bet to ensure some profit or limit potential losses. Hedging is commonly done with futures bets, but can be done on other types of bets as well.
Over/Under: When you’re betting on the over/under, you’re betting on the total combined points in a game or the number of games a team will win in the season. Also called “O/U.”
Nickel: A nickel is gambling lingo for $500.
Parlay: You’re betting on multiple teams to win or multiple outcomes to occur. For your parlay bet to win, all outcomes must be selected correctly.
Point spreads: A spread is the number of points by which the favorite is expected to beat the underdog. With a spread bet, the expected winner has to win by that number of points for your bet to pay off. Betting on the spread makes uneven matchups with an expected winner more interesting.
Prop bets: These special wagers are not normally on the betting board, but they can make the game more interesting, especially the big games. Prop bets include wagers like betting on which team will score first.
Underdog: The underdog is the team expected to lose.
Learning how to bet on sports starts with learning the lingo and soon enough you’ll be a fluent sports bettor. Welcome to the tribe.